cute penguin couple - explored

These two penguins were petting and playing with each other as I approached, just as I looked through the view finder to frame a shot they both stopped and looked straight at me. I got really lucky with the timing, but I am starting to think photography is all about being in the right place at the right time :) Or at least having lots of patience!

Happy thanksgiving to all my American flickr friends and have a great weekend.

Random fact: (well... not that random I guess it's kind of fitting)

Most Humboldt penguin pairs remain faithful to each other for years, rarely choosing new partners unless one of them dies, and they often return to the same site to breed year after year.

*Update: Made Flickr explore November 27, 2009 - #133

___________________________________________

View more on my photography portfolio,
or say hi on Twitter :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use only family-friendly words. Otherwise, your comment will be filtered out. :D
You can use some HTML tags, such as b, i, a